This time last year we were all filled with uncertainty and this year looks no different as we face complex Covid uncertainties. One thing we are sure of is that despite the challenges, there is still an opportunity to make this holiday season festive.
We’ve put together five ways to spread festive cheer this year:
- Cook with friends and family – Banana bread seemingly made a name for itself as the ultimate comfort food and we have to agree that it’s pretty tasty AND brace friendly. Try out our Omega 3-rich banana bread recipe! If banana bread isn’t a trend you’re in a rush to try, why not indulge in baking some blueberry muffins or making a festive spiced oat smoothie with the family? All of our brace friendly recipes can be found on the website, give one a try and let us know what you think on Instagram!
- Decorate the house – Nothing feels more festive than decorating your home for the occasion. Whether it’s a beautiful Christmas tree decorated with lights and baubles, or a wreath and some scattered tinsel, a little bit of festive scenery can make all the difference. If you’re wanting to beat the freeze, we recommend replicating the sights and sounds of a warm fire with the Netflix Fireplace for your Home series. For some festive home decoration inspiration, we recommend visiting ‘Home Beautiful’ for 100 decorating tips and tricks.
- Share a smile – A smile is a fantastic way to spread happiness and laughter. Everyone has undoubtedly hidden their smiles behind masks this year and some have (understandably) found it hard to find something to smile about at all. At this time of year, it is even more important to share a smile with someone who needs it. We encourage you all to share a smile where possible, you may just make someone’s day! Learn more about how your smile can impact overall wellbeing in our recent blog.
- Volunteer your time – In a time that has pushed us to crave human connection more than ever, we look to the ways that we can help those in need this festive season. Each year a number of charities specialise in mobilising volunteering teams to support the vulnerable, providing companionship, warm meals, advice and wellbeing guidance. Why not give back a little this Christmas? Find out how you can help, or simply buy a Big Issue.
- Listen to feel-good music – Feel-good festive numbers are a great way to get into the holiday spirit! Listening to any music can increase the release of endorphins and Christmas music is no exception. Good Housekeeping has covered the 80 best Christmas songs of all time, have a listen and get into the holiday swing of things! Let us know your favourite Christmas song on Facebook!
We want to wish every one of our patients a wonderful festive period. We look forward to seeing our patients, both new and existing in the new year.
Check out our Christmas opening times, here.