Founder, Dr Asif Chatoo
Bsc. BDS, FDS RCS (Eng), MSc., MOrth RCS (Eng)
GDC No: 69682
Dr Asif Chatoo is a dentist, specialist orthodontist, trainer and pioneer in the fields of lingual braces and digital dentistry. After qualifying in dentistry from King’s College in 1993, Asif worked in general practice before gaining a Masters degree in orthodontics and a specialist membership diploma from the Royal College of Surgeons (MOrth) and going on to train in the lingual technique in Paris.
Asif believes in providing the level of care he would want for his own family. He founded The London Lingual Orthodontic Clinic, the first UK practice dedicated to lingual orthodontics, to provide a holistic approach to treatment in a wonderful setting. Our patients regularly comment on how at home they feel in the practice and how at ease they feel with him taking care of their braces.
Accolades, expertise and membership
For more than a decade, Asif was the only clinician in the UK accredited by both the World and European Lingual Orthodontic Societies. Now he is one of two. He is regularly invited to speak around the world, including at Harvard, and at international meetings in Korea and Tunisia. He was co-chair of the Congress of the World Society of Lingual Orthodontics and a speaker too.
Some of his memberships include:
- Accredited member of the World Society of Lingual Orthodontics (WSLO)
- Accredited member and Secretary of the European Society of Lingual Orthodontics (ESLO)
- Founding member of the British Lingual Orthodontic Society (BLOS)
- Fellow in Dental Surgery of the Royal College of Surgeons of England (FDS RCS)
- Fellow of the World Federation of Orthodontics (WFO)
- British Orthodontic Society (BOS)
- European Orthodontic Society (EOS)
- American Association of Orthodontists (AAO)
- In 2018 he was the first orthodontist in the UK to win a Top Doctor Award
Find out more
Find out more about the rest of our dedicated team and what makes The London Lingual Orthodontic Clinic different.
Further reading: Asif authored the chapter ‘Interdisciplinary Treatment with Lingual Orthodontics’ in the book ‘Esthetics in Lingual Orthodontics’ (Quintessence Publishing).