Update 4th January 2021:
We remain open for patients during lockdown with all of the same precautions in place to keep you safe. Please contact us on 020 7486 2883 if you have any queries.
Update 1st November 2020:
LLOC stays open for patients in November lockdown
A new lockdown has been announced for England starting from Thursday November 5 but we remain open and will continue to provide treatment using the same precautions that have been in place since June.
We have always maintained high standards of cross infection control and the measures that we introduced in June provide an additional layer to ensure optimum safety. These precautions will be strictly maintained for the foreseeable future.
Update 29 May 2020:
We are reopening on June 8th! It’s difficult to describe how much we look forward to welcoming you back here. During 15 years the clinic hasn’t closed for more than a few days at a time. Two months of closure has felt very strange.
We are now busy preparing for the clinic to reopen. As you will appreciate, it’s not possible to carry out treatment and follow social distancing guidelines so everything is being carefully thought through to guarantee maximum possible safety.
Dentistry is categorised as a high risk profession due to the water involved in some procedures which creates a spray, or aerosol. In orthodontics, the majority of appointments are not high risk but when we place and remove braces dentistry, we use water and an aerosol is created. We already carry out strict cross infection control procedures here to keep our patients safe. From June 8th, we will go further. Please note some of the changes that we are planning:
- For the short term, we will reluctantly be unable to offer you any refreshments and there will no longer be any newspapers or magazines available.
- Before you attend for your appointment, we will ask you to fill in a brief pre-appointment form.
- When you arrive, we will take your temperature and ask you to use sanitiser on your hands and also wear a mask, which we will provide you with.
- We shall also ask you to rinse your mouth with mouthwash before we start treatment.
- A friendly smile is what we will want to greet you with but the reality of our situation is that when you see us, we will be wearing masks and at some appointments, some of us will have to wear full PPE. As you will appreciate, this is for your protection.
- When it comes to treatment, we will continue to wear a mask but yours will need to be removed.
- Online forms are being developed to reduce contact in the clinic. These will be transmitted and stored so that we conform with all GDPR guidelines and your information is kept confidential.
- We ask you to bear with us while we establish ourselves in a new regime dedicated to giving optimum treatment with optimum safety.
Meanwhile, Dr Chatoo continues to be available to existing patients and to anyone interested in future treatment. If you need to speak to him, please email him directly (firstname.lastname@example.org) and he will respond to you and organise a time to speak, either on the phone, or via FaceTime or Skype.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The London Lingual Orthodontic Clinic.