Real comfort food! All the vegetables are cooked so that they are really soft and easy to chew without causing pain or discomfort. The meal is full of vegetables, protein, fibre and is fueling and filling.
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 1 aubergine roughly chopped in square
- 1 courgette roughly cut in large square
- 1 red pepper roughly cut in squares
- 1.5 cans of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (if youlike it spicy)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 400g can chick peas
Warm a couple of tablespoons olive oil in a pan and add the onion, garlic, cumin, cayenne pepper and turmeric. Once warmed through and the onions is starting to catch colour add all the chopped vegetables and mix everything through.
To this then add the chopped tomatoes and an additional half glass of water.
Season with salt and pepper.
Put on a low flame and let it simmer for 30 minutes until the vegetables are all tender. Add the chick peas. Turn off the heat and let everything warm through.
Serve with rice and yoghurt.
Picture by Jessica Spengler under CC licence.