A tasty and nutritious snack to start the day.
- 1 cup blueberries (either fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- rind of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons of juice from the lemon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 vanilla pod – seeds scraped out (optional)
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Whisk the eggs up with the vanilla seeds then add the remaining wet ingredients (lemon, melted butter and maple syrup). To this add the almond flour, bicarbonate of soda and blueberries. Stir together and then distribute among 7-8 muffin holders.
Put in the oven for 15- 25 minutes – timing may vary depending on your oven. You will know when they are done as they will be golden on the outside and bounce back when you touch them.
Recipe by nutrionist Farzanah Nasser