BSc, BDS, FDS RCS (Eng), MSc., MOrth RCS (Eng)
Specialist in Orthodontics
Asif qualified as a Dentist from King's College, London and gained his Master’s Degree in Orthodontics from GKT Dental Institute, London. He has received specialist training in Lingual Orthodontics and has a keen interest in the multidisciplinary treatment of adult patients.
Among UK-trained orthodontists, Asif is the only one to be accredited by both the European Society of Lingual Orthodontics and the World Society of Lingual Orthodontics. Asif is a Lecturer in Lingual Orthodontics and lectures around the world.
He is the author of a chapter on ‘Interdisciplinary Treatment with Lingual Orthodontics’ in the book Esthetics in Lingual Orthodontics (Quintessence Publishing).
He is a member of the following orthodontic societies:
- Founding member of the British Lingual Orthodontic Society
- Accredited member and Secretary of the European Society of Lingual Orthodontics
- Accredited member of the World Society of Lingual Orthodontics
- Fellow in Dental Surgery of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Fellow of the World Federation of Orthodontics
- British Orthodontic Society
- European Orthodontic Society
- American Association of Orthodontists
- President Elect of London Dental Fellowship
- Member of the British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
He is registered with the General Dental Council GDC No. 69682 and on its specialist list.
Speaking engagements 2016
- British Lingual Orthodontic Society, London, March
- The Brazilian Lingual Orthodontic Society, Rio de Janeiro, April
- American Lingual Orthodontic Association, Orlando, April,
- Learning Lingual Course (advanced module), London, June
- European Society of Lingual Orthodontics Athens, June 30th – July 3rd
- The Chinese Orthodontic Association, China, October
Speaking engagements in 2015
- Alpha Omega’s Annenberg lecture, London
- The World Society of Lingual Orthodontics meeting, Korea
Back to top